Tuesday, January 27, 2009

RANT

I am in an environment + technology course this semester under the engineering school and its.... basically the most bluntly terrifying  thing to sit through twice a week. Its terrifying because my professor, who really is adorable and i love her she looks like Kate Spade my idol, its just listing off how every aspect of the lives that we Americans are just so accustomed to living is fucking murdering the planet. We think we're so ahead of the game and so high tech and on the cutting edge its disgussssssting how much stuff is just thrown away...and how much of that leaks into the ground...and what that does to US in turn.... but thats just one aspect. We had to read these 4 visions of the future and it was just depressing to me because its discouraging me from ever becoming a mother, the one thing in life I've always been so excite to become. It almost is beginning to seem stupid to continue bringing life into a planet thats basically doomed. As much as Id like to be optimistic about it, it would simply take some ridiculous miracle or the sudden existance of some actual God to perform some astronomical magic on this planet for things to really start working the way they need to.


Its about back to basic lifestyle. A regression to relying on simple, non material elements of life and finding happyness in that simplicity....something I think our world has gotten to far ahead of to ever return back to.


BUT ESSENTIALLY, IF EVERYONE WOULD RECYCLE EVERYTHING AND STOP EATING MEAT,  MAYBE I COULD FEEL LESS GUILTY WANTING TO HAVE BABIES

1 comment: