Thursday, January 1, 2009

"you might have thought there was nothing new to say about spending your twenties in New Jersey overeducated and underwhelmed"



So its a New Year. Its crazy how January 1st 2008 felt like it was a week before January 1st 2009. I spent it with basically the same people, after a failed attempt to branch otherwise. I was not nearly intoxicated enough, and momentarily thought it was my 2450th miserable consecutive turn out of NYE. But the night wasn't lost after the ball dropped.
I went to stay with Kevin, the person i had tried to hard to avoid the whole evening. Figures. There is something about laying there with him and feeling his heart pound with my ear to his chest and our conversations and subtle affection for one another that I just cannot keep myself away from him.

I just don't know what will ever come of it.

Resolutions: keep cigarettes out of my life.
get myself out of the position i'm at with my education.
-still thinking about this one.

2 comments: