Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"for every life..." "...forgoe the parable."

I did mention that I saw Bon Iver this week, but now that I am thinking about it, currently listening to the album for the seven thousandth time, really reflecting on the experience the more i am realizing how distinct and exceptional the show truly was. I don't know if it comes from knowing the origin of the majority of the album, respecting his solitude and how it contributed to the music and being there to hear it from feet away...I stood there rendered really...amazed. I just have, a shitload of respect for that man, and his music is beautiful and awes me.
He played some new songs, like i think Babies? Beach Baby? I did like one of the several quite a bit. But what was most special to me was probably reguarding: stacks, there is something about that song that pulls my heartstrings for some reason it was an experience hearing it live; one of those shakes you to your bones type things. Then, AH, the last song of the encore, For emma. I found myself standing there singing out loud and looked around the crowded theatre at the face of every other 20 something year old, caught like me, in the same moment. It was really one of the most intimate shows Ive probably ever been to.

"So many territories
ready to reform
don't let it form us
don't let it form us
the creature fear"

1 comment:

  1. Great band, no question about that.

    Your writing is so full of...pain. A pain so familiar to me.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete