Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This is the...most loneliest feeling? I am sitting in my room, its 7:00 pm on Tuesday November 25th. All of my friends from school are either in transit or already home for the holidays. But I'm still here, on the other side of the country from my whole family. My mom is in Chicago, with her parents, since my grandpa isn't in the best of health right now. My dad and Cooper are up getting ready to drive to New York to have Thanksgiving with the rest of my family. Yep...here's me...in Dallas. This...fucking sucks, I love my family and I've never not spent Thanksgiving with them. My Dallas friends are all home or almost home but still, I don't exactly feel like I have anywhere to be.

Everyday's an endless stream
of cigarettes and magazines
Each town looks the same to me, the movies and the factories
Every stranger's face i see reminds me that i long to be
homeward bound
Oh i wish i was homeward bound
Home, where my thought's escaping
Home, where my music's playing
Home, where my love lies waiting, silently for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment